A psychodrama for radio
Produced by Blue Trumpet for Radio 2RRR, Hard Boys, a psychodrama for radio, is a uniquely Australian story in 10 parts. Starring Johnny Boxer of the hugely successful Australian TV show, Fat Pizza, he brings the same uniquely Australian voice to this latest production. Well known to Australian audiences as the larger-than-life, chainsaw-wielding ‘Bobo’, Johnny conjures a totally new character, both instantly recognizable and totally perplexing … the original ‘hard boy’.
Hard Boys, a psychodrama for radio ... ten episodes of spellbinding Australian radio drama...
Warning: This production contains strong language. It is recommended for adult audiences only.
Featuring Australian music of the 1960s and early ‘70s in order of play...
- 'Time To Live' by Billy Thorpe and the Aztecs
- 'Obsecration Part 1' by Lobby Loyd and the Coloured Balls
- 'Seasons of Change' by Blackfeather
- 'Seasons of Change' by Fraternity
- 'Good Times' by the Easy Beats
- 'Dear Prudence' by Doug Parkinson in Focus
- 'I’ll Be Gone' by Spectrum
- 'Black & Blue' by Chain
- 'Death of a King' by Masters Apprentices
- 'Ever Lovin’ Man' by The Loved Ones
- 'Nobody Knows You' by Wendy Saddington & Company Caine
- 'Suzie Sunshine' by Buffalo
- 'It's Up To You' by Company Caine
- 'Here It Comes Again' by Pirana
- 'Teach Me How To Fly' by Jeff St. John
- 'Looking forward, Looking back' by Slim Dusty
- 'Boogie parts 1 & 2' by Carson
- 'Hi Honey Ho' by Daddy Cool
- 'The Wild One' by Johnny O'Keefe & The Dee Jays
- 'Eleanor Rigby' by The Zoot
- 'Judgement' by Chain
- 'I remember when I was young' by Chain
Also heard …
- 'You’re the Voice' by John Farnham
- 'My Sunday Feeling' by Jethro Tull
- 'Have a Go', a Channel 10 network production, by Mojo.
This production also featured music by Mahler derived from 'Das Klagende Lied, Symphony No 10 – Adagio'.
Amongst the tunes specially prepared for the show are...
Produced by Blue Trumpet Productions for Radio 2RRR
Written and realized by James Benn
With Johnny Boxer in the title role
Original story and poetry by Greg Young
Original tunes by James Benn, performed by Johnny Boxer, James Benn, and Terry Darmody
Voices in order of appearance…
- Chris Virtue
- James Benn
- Johnny Boxer
- Gas Wylde
- Sue Liolio
Introductions and credits by Amie Maguire